Wednesday, August 26, 2009

53

I, Rebeka Lauren Kerns Eaton (I have to say Kerns when I use my middle name), went walking today.  In 97 degree weather.  For no reason.  I don't think that I have EVER done that in my life.  I am dripping sweat even as I type.  It is nasty, but refreshing at the same time.  I get on kicks where I walk every other day for a month or so and then I stop.  Then, I start again.  Then I stop.  I said earlier this year that my goal was to run a marathon by the time I am 30.  Training in this kind of weather is not smart.  I don't know if I will hit that goal, but I will try.  One step at a time.  Until one day my step turns into a jog...and then a run....and then a long run....until I reach a marathon.  We'll see how it goes.  Thank God that it is not humid.  That's one plus.  I can breath.  For now, it is time to  cool off under then fan and take a shower.  I smell like a dog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh No, oH nO, Oh NO!!! Did the "M" word just come from my baby girls mouth??!!?? Your Moma is it utter shock and AWE....Your Daddy is Grinning, quite possibly thinking "That's My Girl"!!!

    Love you. Miss You. Know that you can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go, my girl. take it easy and slow.

    ReplyDelete