Saturday, August 8, 2009

48

I shopped my first Killer Kohl's Sale today.  Kohl's opened either right before we moved, or right after, I'm not sure, but I never have experienced their sales in person.  A woman brought coupons to work yesterday, so I decided to stop by when I was out running errands.  I got a dress, a shirt, a pair of shorts, and a black "shaper" top all for 30 bucks!  It was tax free weekend, so it was crazy!  It was hot in the store, too.  I am pretty sure they had the a/c off to make people shop faster or something.  I literally worked up a sweat!  After I waited in line, I realized that my coupon, the whole reason I sent shopping, was not in my purse!  Oh well, it was 15% off, but everything was already cheap, so it wasn't worth not getting the stuff.  When I told Jared about everything that I got, I could tell he was thinking, "oh no, how much did you spend?" The shorts and shaper were things that I had needed, or wanted, I guess I should say, so I wasn't buying just because stuff was cheap.  The shaper, i guess pretty much a black tank, is what I wear to work pretty much every day of the week, so I am always looking for a new one.  The shorts are needed for the lovely Ojai weather.  At home, I never wore shorts, but I am starting to again.  Now, I am going to go start my new book.  Hopefully it will be good!  Jared is closing tonight, so I have a few hours left of hanging out at the house by myself.  At least he has Sunday off!  We are planning on going to church tomorrow.  David had wanted to work, since Jared was off work, and I put my foot down and said no.  He has Sundays off so we can try to get back in the swing of church and so we are guaranteed a day off together.  They can work a bit, but not too much.  I like Jared and Beka time.

3 comments:

  1. yeah for you. for getting goodies at the sale & for putting your foot down with david!! go beka! enjoy your sunday with jared. that time is so important!!


    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that foot all the way here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. next time...put that foot down with 3 snaps and a neck swivel!

    ReplyDelete