Saturday, August 15, 2009

50

I am going on a date tonight.  Jared is at work, so it will not be with my husband.  It will be with my other man.  That would be our roommate's son and his big sister.  We are going to go see Up at the cheap theater.  Sam has already seen it, but she said that is good enough to go see it again.  I mainly want to take Max anyway.  Max is a special boy.  He has a form of cerebral palsy.  I think that his illness is hard on his parents.  I am trying to spend time with him while we live here and give him the attention that he needs.  I think some times his parents don't spend enough time working with him.  I think it just wears on you to have a child with special needs.  He was expected to be in a wheel chair his whole life.  They didn't think that he would walk or talk, so anything that he accomplishes is a miracle.  He, for some reason, has taken a liking to me.  He won't talk to most people, but he likes to hang out with me.  I think just because I show an interest in him.  We usually have a chat every evening about what he did that day and read magazines together.  That's my way of working on his reading with him without him thinking about it.  We flip through car magazines and pick out letters and sound out the words together.  It's good for him.  But tonight, no work.  Just fun at the movie!  I hope it goes well and that Max does okay being away from his parents.  It will be good for them, too.  They can have a date night all to themselves.  So, Max has started counting down.  4 hours till we leave! Fun, Fun!

3 comments:

  1. Max is a beautiful child and God has placed you in his life for a very good reason. It brought tears to my eyes to read about you & him.....i saw for myself how his face lit up when he saw you when we were there to visit. He cares for you as much as you do for him. What a joy to have such a defined purpose in your doily life. You are blessed beyond measure, my lovely child.

    Love you & miss you.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ********you made it to 50 post!!!**********

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a blessing to max love ya

    ReplyDelete