Sunday, September 6, 2009

54


It's Labor Day weekend. That means that Jared and I have been in California for two years now. Wow. Sometimes it feels like we have been here forever. Other times it feels like we just arrived. Sorry, Mom and Dad, we're not coming home yet.

Thankfully, it has cooled off a bit this weekend, otherwise I would not be enjoying my time off as much. It's only 80 degrees right now instead of 100. Jared had to work yesterday night and today, but he is off tomorrow. We are bar-b-queing this evening. Ribs, I think. Tomorrow we are going to hang out just the two of us, but I'm not sure what we are doing yet. Our roomies still haven't figured out that I like to hang out and not do anything when I am off work and Jared is working. They are going to the Farmer's Market and are trying to get me to go with them, but I would rather hang out at the house and read and play on the computer. I did go shopping by myself yesterday, though. Old Navy was having an amazing sale. Everything that was on clearance was an additional 50 percent off. I got Jared two pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans and two shirts for myself all for 36 bucks! Jared has lost so much weight he doesn't have anything to wear! I'm afraid to buy him too much, though, because he's still losing weight! Pretty soon he will be smaller than he was when we got married! For now, I am going to go read. The house is quiet so it will be a good time to get some reading done on the hammock...

2 comments:

  1. Wait you said yet. Have a great weekend, love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaahhh. a hammock to read in sounds lovely. happy 2 yr anniversary in California (i guess) =P. it seems forever to me. 700 days or so that I have missed you like crazy......happy labor day. i love you. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete