Saturday, September 26, 2009

57

One of my best couple friends is getting married in 2 weeks. Not many people our age are married in Cali, so it is rare that we have couples to hang out with. Thankfully, G&S are tying the knot on the 11th of October. I went to a bridal brunch for S at G's parent's house today in Studio City. It is my first wedding since being in Cali, so I didn't really know what to expect at the shower. I walked in in my shower attire to find the bride in a tank top, skirt and flip flops. In my mind, I was thinking "oh no, I'm not in Texas anymore." Thankfully, others were dressed more to my expectations for a wedding shower. I have always been that way though... just a little above what others consider appropriate attire for occasions. I guess that's the way my Momma raised me. The shower turned out to be a lot better than I had anticipated....G's mom is a very Godly woman and quite the hostess. We had mini quiche, fruit salad, mimosas, and several pastries to choose from. It was a delight. I won one of the cheesy games that I think are mandatory for showers. Thirteen questions about S...how many can you get right? I got 11 points! I guess I know her better than I thought! I got a garden care tote from Trader Joe's as my prize. I'm not a gardener, so I don't really need the gardening tools, but I'm sure I will enjoy the moisturizer and pumice hand scrub that came inside the tote. I was also invited to go out for the bachelorette party tonight, but I decided not to go. It was and hour and a half drive for me to get to LA, so I didn't think I would want to make the trip late tonight. Also, I want to try and go to church in the morning, because Jared doesn't have to go to work until tomorrow evening. I hope he feels like going too. For now, though, I am going to wait for him to get home and endure the 95 degree weather. Come on fall, where are you?!

1 comment:

  1. thats my baby! always dressed a little better than everyone else! (blame grandmas expectations)....it was 90 here today, the cooler weather earlier this week was just a teaser! Hope you get to go to church tomorrow....it makes the week go better!!

    ReplyDelete