Saturday, March 7, 2009

10


I am officially a Californian.  I finally ventured to Trader Joe's.  It's a grocery store that is in 9 states.  It has basic stuff, but a lot of fancy foods too.  Stuff from around the world that you can't find at Von's... or Brookshire's for you Texans.  Or maybe stuff that you can find, but only in the international aisle.  They also have a lot of prepared foods too... stuffed chicken breasts, appetizers, etc.  I liked it.  It's not too expensive either.  Being Californian, it is a lot of organic stuff too.  They have paper bags that you can reuse too. I think I am the only person around here that doesn't take bags with me to the store anyway.  Old habits are hard to break.  I like plastic sacks so that I can use them at home later.  You definitely can't get everything there, so I will still be going to Von's later.  They don't have Dr. Pepper.  Saturday is probably not the best day to go.  It was really crowded.  I will definitely go again some time, though.  Now, I have to go do laundry.  Jared is off work in a few hours, so I want to get all of the chores out of the way.  

3 comments:

  1. Trader Joes has always sounded like a great store to me! Glad you finally ventured there! I can't believe it took you so long! Now that you have moved, which store is closer to you? It was really convenient when you live next door to the shopping center!

    I am getting a bit sad about the fact that I am not coming with Rach Friday. I will cope someway though! I know that you two need some sister time!

    My bubble bath awaits...........have a great weekend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joe's is in Ventura. We have a Von's here, but it is tiny. I took Jared to work yesterday morning and then made my rounds in town. It worked out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit a Trader Joe's! I'm jealous!!!! I'd love to buy some kind of cool, organic peanut butter or something and tell people I bought it at Trader Joe's, even though people in East Texas would have no idea what I was talking about...oh well. I live in hickville, not Cali! A girl can dream, tho...

    ReplyDelete