Wednesday, September 19, 2012
154
So, I went to the Camarillo branch last week to be mentored by their assistant branch manager. It was a good experience. I felt like I was wasting a lot of time while I was there, but it was good. It gave me an opportunity to meet with someone other than my managers to get some ideas. I met with my managers yesterday to go over my action plan. It didn't go quite like I had planned. I think I might have covered too much information with them and as a result, they were overwhelmed and we didn't set a clear plan for what we are going to do. I am suppose to meet with them weekly now, so I will address that next week and see how it goes. A lot of ideas I had were things I will implement when I have my own team to manage, so it's okay if we don't do everything now. I still have to let them manage how they see fit. I am trying my hardest to think before I speak. I have to keep reminding myself that maybe I need to change because I can't expect to change the world. I can only control myself. For someone who likes to be in control of everything, that is a difficult thing to admit. So we will see...it's definitely something I am glad I am learning now versus later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment