Tuesday, September 4, 2012

152

Politics.  It's something that I don't really talk about too much, but that I actually find important.  The presidential election is coming up soon.  I live with some crazy political junkies.  My roommates, believe it or not, are hard core republicans.  So much so that they keep up with the conventions, watch the news every day, and read the paper to stay up to date.  I think they would vote Republican regardless of who was running.  Just like my Grandma will vote Democrat no matter what.  I don't discuss my political views at work.  For a few reasons, actually.  For one, it's no one's business.  Also, I live in California.  My views are not the views of the general public here.  That, and I work with some unintelligent people, therefore their opinions on the subject are almost non existent.  What they do believe and speak about is so crazy and uneducated, I choose to not talk about it.  One of my coworkers thought that the VP candidate was 23.  If you know anything about the political system, you realize that that isn't possible.  They cannot be 23, they have to at least be 35.  I have to admit, last election I didn't vote.  I would have normally, but since I live in a fairly blue state, I felt that my vote was not important. That is silly.  I cannot complain about Obama if I did not vote against him.  So, come November, I will be voting.  Hopefully, it will not be the same result as last election, but if it is, i will be able to gripe this time around.

2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh!! To be able to complain is an excellent reason to vote! Love you, and your political views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote to complain...sounds like you agree with G'ma on that one!

    ReplyDelete