Fall is my favorite time of year. It is not the same here as it is in Texas, but I still enjoy it. For the most part, trees don't change colors here like they do in Texas. Palm trees just stay green and so do Eucalyptus trees. That's what we have a lot of here. There is one magnificent oak tree in our back yard that I watch change throughout the year, but it doesn't have beautiful fall leaves. We have a sky light in our shower (weird, I know) and you can see the oak tree change throughout the year. One day it will be full of green leaves. The next day, it will be brown, and then before you know it, it will be bare. It's neat to watch. Right now, it is kind of golden. One of the ways you can tell it is Fall in California is by the pumpkins everywhere. Ventura is a farming community. We have huge pumpkin patches where they actually grow the pumpkins and you can see them from the freeway. The local schools take the younger kids to the pumpkin patches and they give them a tour and teach them about farming. I know the owners of one of the larger farms here and she said that her favorite part of her job is giving the tours every year. And speaking of pumpkins, one of my favorite things is Brach's pumpkins. I loved these as a kid and still buy them every year.
So, I hope everyone else enjoys this time of year as much as I do. Happy Fall, Yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment