Saturday, May 29, 2010

98





Yesterday, Friday, 28, was my 5th anniversary, married to the love of my life, Jared. I cannot believe that we have been married for 5 years! It's one of those things where in some ways, it feels like we just got married and are still newly weds. In other ways, it feels like we have been together forever. Regardless, I am completely happy and love him more every day! We have been through a LOT of stuff in the years that we have been married. That's okay, though. I believe all of our trials definitely made our marriage stronger. Here are just a few of the things we went through:

The death of a parent
His dad being shipped to Iraq
Taking care of his siblings while we had been barely been married any time at all
Job changes
Parents remarrying
Health issues
Moving to California
Being away from family
Many more, but I don't want to tell my whole life story in one quick blog....

All this to say that, we love each other more because of these issues, not in spite of them. Everything we have gone through is something God knew we could handle. I could def gripe and say that other people have had it much easier, but God gives each child what they can handle. If put under the amount of stress we have been under, others might not have survived. But we have. And I know without a doubt that we will continue to survive. Not barely scraping by, but loving every minute that we are together, for better or worse, until death do us part.

To celebrate our anniversary, we are taking a spontaneous trip to Vegas! I am super duper excited! We leave in a few hours and will be back on Monday! Yea! I will post more about the trip after we return. In the mean time, I have to go pack. Jared, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. have a wonderful trip, you deserve it. i love you both. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Your marriage & your love for one another is very inspiring to me, it is evident how deep your love is. God has blessed you two. I thank Him. He is good.

    ReplyDelete