So far, three days into the year, everything has gone ok.
New Year's Day was spent doing NOTHING. It was great. I think we got out of bed around noon and didn't do anything but cook dinner and go back to bed.
I worked on the 2nd. It wasn't too bad. Work has gotten better the last week or so. I think that might have something to do with my manager not being there, but we will see upon his return tomorrow. That, and my coworkers and their goldfish like memories are being nice to me again. Regardless of the fact that I don't care if I am friends with my coworkers or not, I still like to be respected and spoken to. I don't want to be buddy buddy with everyone, but it makes the day go by faster when people at least acknowledge your existence. After work, I ran a few errands and then headed home. On the way home, I stopped by Starbucks to see Jared. When entering the parking lot, I hit the curb. Not even really hit it. I merely bumped it, so I thought. Five minutes later when I got back into my car, the tire was flat......great. I didn't think about having road side assistance, so I waited for Jared to go on lunch so he could look at it. Then, after he attempted to change it without getting dirty, we remembered we have roadside assistance through our insurance and AT&T. So, I called and they sent someone. Three hours later, I was on my way home. At least I was with Jared, had my phone and book, and no plans. It could have been much worse.
Today, I had a lazy morning with Jared. We walked around town, got a breakfast burrito at the little hole in the wall Mexican food place close to our house, and hung out in the park. It was very nice. Jared had to go to work this afternoon, so I went with him and then walked back to the house. Although Jared thought it was a weird idea, I enjoyed it. 3.8 miles....not 4 miles, as my husband clarified. It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed it. Now, I am waiting for dinner to be done so I can eat, go to bed, and read for a while.
I hope this next week goes well. I have to train a new teller, so that should be interesting. No teller experience at all. Fun, fun. I have to remember what Vanessa was like when she trained me. Don't assume that they know ANYTHING about banking. Be very patient, explain everything in detail, be patient, give lots of examples, and be patient. I think I can handle it. I do, after all, come from a family of teachers. It should be fun.
P.S.- My new year's resolution: To do what God wants me to do. Whether that be to find a new job, go back to school, move back to Texas (Mom), whatever it may be, may it be for God's glory.....sounds good to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment