So, Christmas vacation is pretty much wrapped up. Jared had to go back to work this evening and is working all day tomorrow too, so I am just hanging out. I had a wonderful vacation visiting home and have had a great last couple of days hanging out with Jared. I had my Catfish King fix, my extended family fix, not enough time with my immediate family, a whirl wind visit with other random people, and then I came home. Four days was not long enough, but I wanted to make sure I was home to see Jared for Christmas. I was thankful to get to see my church family on Sunday. I miss getting to worship with my family and others who love the Lord. Church is not the same in California, that's for sure. Or at least we haven't found our home. I enjoyed shopping with Mom and Rachel. I don't really go shopping that much, so it was fun. I bought myself a few things that I don't need, but wanted, and enjoyed myself. Gma gave us our traditional gift of an impersonal card with cash. I am going to take the cash and buy myself some new running shoes. Other than that, we hung out and talked a lot and did traditional Kerns Christmas on Tuesday night.
Christmas Eve, Jared and I hung out with the family that we live with. We had a nice dinner and opened gifts. It's fun to watch kiddos get excited about everything that they get. It is sad, however, that I don't think the children have any idea what Christmas is about. They just think that it's a time for gifts, but they don't realize that the true gift is Jesus. I hope that while we live here, we might be some sort of influence to them so that they realize what the whole purpose of life is.
Christmas day, we didn't do anything really. We layed around until about noon. It was wonderful. The kids got a ping pong table from Santa, so I played a couple of games with Jared. Then, we went to see Avatar in 3D. We took one of Jared's coworkers with us because he was spending the day alone. It was a good movie, but WAY TOO LONG! I enjoyed the effects, though.
For now, it looks like my evening will consist of watching Desperate Housewives, playing on Facebook, and waiting on Jared to come home.
we saw avatar yesterday. i agree with what you said. and i know it was the same director and composer from titanic...but i still didn't expect to hear celine dion at the end!
ReplyDeleteseriously? celine dion? that is a surprise! HAPPY NEW YEAR BABY BEAN. MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR TEXAS CALLS THE EATONS HOME!!!!
ReplyDelete