Thankfully I took today off to prepare because our washing machine has been broken, so I need to get laundry done. The new machine is suppose to be here between 9 and 12. If it doesn't get here around then, then I will head to the laundry mat to make sure we are prepared for the trip. Fun. Oh well, we don't have to worry about buying a new one. Our poor roommates have had a refrigerator and a washing machine go out within one month! That's the advantage of renting. You don't have to worry about paying for the appliances.
Anyway....back to vacation! We have a packed trip...something family oriented every day, so it will go way too quickly. It is the first Christmas that we have been home for since 2006. Wow. That means we have only had two Christmas' with our families since we were married. I think we deserve this trip just a little bit. Because of the expense of going home, we will be skipping gifts. I am thankful that my family knows that is not what Christmas is about. That helps with the stress factor. I do not enjoy shopping this time of year anyway. It completely ruins the Christmas spirit. It's Jesus's birthday, people! Be nice!
Right now I am going to go start my second cup of coffee. Jared still had to work today, so I woke up early with him. Then, I am going to start packing!
you & j coming home was the very best gift ever. i love you so much, it was so great to see you home. merry Christmas.
ReplyDelete