Monday, May 16, 2011
123
I got a little distracted the last few weeks with Relay for Life. It was this weekend and thankfully it is over now. It was successful. We raised over $1000, which was our goal. It was a lot of work, but I am glad I did it! Next year, I think I will be a committee member, or will participate on a team, but I will not be a Team Captain. I realize you don't become the leader of something like this to get told you are doing a good job, or to have people recognize your hard work. It would have merely been nice to have a little support from all of my co-workers. A simple hour out of your weekend to help raise awareness against cancer. A horrible, debilitating disease that kills so many and infects even more. But, I learned that it is not everyone's passion. Others do not have the same heart I do. I am very thankful for my fantastic husband who helped me and supported me the whole way through. Even in the pouring rain, he was there. I am also thankful for my co-workers who helped set everything up, who walked, who helped take everything down...even those who came and didn't walk. At least it gave me the opportunity to eat dinner and visit some of the other sites while they were at our site. I am also thankful to all of those who donated. All of the money raised goes straight to the American Cancer society. Next year, if I say I want to be a captain again, remind me to read this blog. But really, it's one day out of 365. I think I can handle no sleep and a little stress if it means finding a cure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm very proud of you. love you!
ReplyDelete