Saturday, January 29, 2011

116

I realize that I fell of the face of the earth for nearly two months. My mom pointed it out to me as well. Not for any particular reason...I haven't been super busy, or had major drama in my life, I just haven't written in a while. I did skip over Christmas, pretty much intentionally. It was the first year that it was completely just Jared and me. No relatives visiting, no going home a couple of days before or after...just California, Jared, and Beka. We had a nice holiday, but it was a little depressing at the the same time. Especially with little Eman having his first Christmas and us having to be here. (Eman is my new little nephew) That's okay though, on to 2011! We have decided that this is the year of Jared and Beka! Not sure what all that entails, but it is OUR year! For starters, we have the traditional resolutions to get in shape, loose weight, save money, all of that stuff.... We are also determined to make sure that everything we do this year has a purpose. What are we saving money for? What are we working for? Are we doing what God wants us to with our lives? We have a wonderful, strong marriage, but we have decided to spend more time together, just the two of us, discussing what we want out of life. We will see how it goes. Also, after this past Christmas, we decided that no matter what, we will be in Texas for the holidays this year. I have my vacation picked and so far it looks like it will work out! In the mean time, here is how we spent our MLK day. While it was dreary and snowy in most parts of the U.S., that was not the case here!





4 comments:

  1. welcome back to the world of blogging! I am happy to see you here! <3 You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know now mom expects me to update my blog! but, unlike you, i have been a little busy! do you read Eman's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read his blog, but it won't let me comment since I'm not a team member, i think is what it said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will make you a *team member* or whatever!! shame on blogger!!

    ReplyDelete