Next, I am completely disappointed with my old co-workers. We were called to see if we wanted to participate in Relay for Life for Ventura. My manager already is a captain for a team in Fillmore and Santa Paula, so she is willing to participate, but does not have the time to actually be a captain. I said that I would be willing to do it. The walk is 24 hours. You need to have lots of people involved so that
a) you don't have to walk for hours on end
b)those walking don't get bored
c) it is easier to raise funds.
The money goes to support cancer research. My branch that I currently work at is not big enough to do it alone, so we asked the other branch in Ventura, my old branch, if they would be interested. Nope. Not one single stupid person responded. Thanks a lot, loving people. They did know that I was going to be the captain and some of them are petty enough to let that stop them from participating. Ridiculous. So now, we are not going to be able to participate. I guess I should try to find some other way to contribute. We will see. I was thoroughly disappointed in my old co-workers though. Oh well. Shouldn't surprise me, I suppose.
watermelon was a nickname given to you many yrs ago by the head nickname giver because you ate tons of the stuff. so when you start running that is your moniker!
ReplyDeleteyour ex-co workers are jerks.