This past work week was ok. I again was told that I was rude by a co-worker, but I am getting used to it. I just need to learn to keep quiet I guess. On Friday we had a pot luck and could dress up for Halloween if we wanted to. About half of the office participated, but I didn't. Two of the girls were pirates and one girl was a police officer. Thankfully both the manager and assistant manager were not at work, or two girls would have been sent home. They just don't understand what is appropriate for work. I was nice, though and didn't comment. It's not my place.
Friday night we went to dinner at a Korean family's home. It was an interesting experience. They have lived here for a few months and rented the house across the street from us when they first moved here. Shortly after they moved in, they found a larger, nicer home, so they moved across town. We went to their home and had a traditional Korean meal. We even had to take slippers with us because they don't allow shoes in their home, but don't go barefoot either! We had a good time. The husband is a business man and went to college here in the states, so he has very good English. The wife, however, was not as fluent. I thought that he was quite funny and had a good grasp of Western humor, but the other couple we were with didn't seem to think most of what he was saying was intended to be funny. They also were embarrassing because they kept gesturing and speaking loudly. They aren't deaf....it's not necessary. We went to dinner with them a couple of months ago and the same thing happened. Oh well. I think if we continue to see them they will eventually figure out that it's not necessary for them to do that. I think they are going to come to our home on Thanksgiving because this will be their first time to celebrate the holiday. It should be fun.
For now, I am going to go clean the house a little....
i love the way you write.
ReplyDeleteyou are spending thanksgiving with koreans & rach & kevin will be w/ japanese....dad & i will be w/ the rednecks!