Sunday, June 7, 2009

31

So, I was suppose to work at the Ventura County Ballet today.  They were performing "Cinderella' in Oxnard.  For the bank, we have to do a few volunteer events every year, and this was one of mine.  The lady who recruited me for the event comes in to the bank daily.  She told me what time to be there, but did not tell me for sure what I would be doing.  She said we could figure all that out when she called me.  She never called.  I got there a few minutes late because the freeway was backed up, and everything was being taken care of.  There were about 10 people behind the table where I was suppose to be, with half of them not doing a thing.  I took a look around, did not see the woman who I was suppose to meet, so I went home.  Oh well.  If she had called, I would have been a little more worried about it.  It was 70 degrees and sunny, and I didn't want to have to stay inside for 2 hours.  The worse thing that could happen is they will not ask me to help again...and I don't think that would be too bad!

1 comment: