Monday, May 25, 2009
27
I have had an absolutely wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Jared was off yesterday and today, so we got to spend a lot of time together. Friday night, we went to our friends' house for steak and fries. Saturday, we woke up fairly late, for us at least,and went downtown. One of my clients had given me a gift certificate to their restaurant, Nature's Grill. It's Californian food. Turkey burgers, avocado sandwiches, lots of sprouts. It was really good. I had a tuna sandwich and a cup of butternut squash soup. Afterwards, we went to the movie to see X-Men. Then, we walked to the beach and sat in the sun for a bit. After all of that, Jared still had to go to work, so I dropped him off and went and got my haircut. I tried to let it grow. I really did. But I hated every second of it. I got it cut, but not near as short as it usually is. Maybe I will try a different short style, but no ponytails for me! Yesterday, we were invited to a gumbo fest at one of Jared's coworker's house. They have been doing this festival for 23 years. They make gumbo, catfish, crawfish....all the Cajun stuff...and the guests are suppose to bring side dishes. They had a couple of bands play too. We didn't stay for too long. They attempted the food, but are definitely not from Louisiana! I ended up opening the Cajun seasoning that they were using for decoration and pouring it all over everything! Made it taste a little better! After we hung out there for a bit, we went to the park and took some photos. it has been a beautiful, sunny weekend. Thankfully, the sun came out again today! been cooler than it has been the last few weeks, which is nice. I'm going to go lay in the sun for a bit and read....what a hard life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cali cajun didn't cut it huh?? no big surprise there!
ReplyDeletesometimes just getting away by yourself is the bestest!