Sunday, February 22, 2009

6

This was the weekend for the big move.  All day yesterday, we packed up the U-Haul trailer to move everything in one load.  Thankfully, we were able to do so.  It went pretty smoothly.  I had to work yesterday morning, so we didn't start till about 2.  We arrived finally in Ojai about 6:30.  By that time, I was tired.  Jared thankfully did most of the packing, so I didn't get too stressed about it.  When we got here, we realized that we have WAY too much stuff for our new place.  We knew that already, we were just going to move everything in first before we started to get rid of stuff.  The guy that was helping us move drove me NUTS when we arrived. He immediately tried to take over.  Where stuff should go, what we should get rid of, griping because we had too much stuff....it was too much for me.  It always looks like you have too much stuff when you first move in.  Now that we have started going through stuff, it's really not that bad.  Maybe about 10 boxes that we don't have room for.  I guess we need to get a storage unit.  I need to go unload more.  I am going to try to have most of it done by the time Jared gets home from work.  As soon as I find my camera, I will post more pictures.  

5 comments:

  1. don't get rid of anything that you might regret later. i did that when we moved from our first apartment, i gave some of our wedding gifts i thought i didn't want to dannysorrells....i have regretted it ever since! consider storage, or shipping it home to store here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! i can't wait til i get to ojai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your mom - I'm here from her blog. It's much better to keep a few things for the first year until you really, really know you don't want them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with your mom, too. I did the same thing when we were first married and living in a matchbox.

    I laughed at the "Hubby" thing. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen to your mom and don't get rid of anything that you might regret latter on. Your blog is very cute. I came here via your mom's blog.

    ReplyDelete