Thursday, August 25, 2011

131

Stuck at Jury Duty today. Pretty much like being in an airport. People are sitting around reading, sleeping, staring at you....fun. At least they have wifi. I hope that I get called. The bank pays for your service, so I don't mind. To not be at the bank and to get paid- sounds great to me. I need a break from that place so that I don't kill some unmentionable co-workers anyway. I think that probably 75% of the women that are here are reading The Help. I know the lady next to me is. I wonder how many people never read a book unless it is turned into a movie. Probably most of the population. Kinda sad. I am reading Crime and Punishment right now. The version that I have is a little pocket version that has gold on the edges. It looks like I am reading the Bible. That's fine, but they were joking at work that they wouldn't call me for a jury since it looks like I am reading the Bible. If they ask what I am reading and say Crime and Punishment, I don't know if that will help my chances any. I know several lawyers from the bank so there is a good chance that I might not be able to serve even if I am called. We will see....for now I am going to go find a bathroom and a better place to sit. I am not sure why people choose to sit right next to you when there are several open seats. Kinda creepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment