Tuesday, August 16, 2011

129

Today is my half day. I haven't had one in quite a while. We have several part time tellers at work, which means the full timers don't have to work as many Saturdays! I have enjoyed my weekends off. Especially since Jared's schedule just changed to having the weekend off after years of working all weekend. This Saturday, though, is my turn to work. Quite alright with me. I don't mind at all when I get a full afternoon off in the middle of the week for myself. So, I did Beka things for a few hours.

First things first, I went to Chick-Fil-A. Yum. I haven't been there in FOREVER! Like since before they came out with the awesome new ketchup packets. (Oh my, I have lived in California too long. I just wrote a sentence with both like and awesome in it. I should insert an expression like "well goll-e" to balance it out.) I saw them on Facebook, but I hadn't experienced them in person until today. Amazing little inventions. Chick-Fil-A is not the same in Cali as it is in Texas. People don't even know how to pronounce it correctly. Chick-Fill-Uh....Chick-Fill-Ah....Chick-Feel-Uh...some of the few pronunciations I have heard. It's not that complicated, people. It sounds JUST like it is written. But anyway, there is only one in the area. In Oxnard. Stinky, smelly, 90% hispanic populated Oxnard. It's only 5 miles from Ventura, but I go there as little as possible. It scares me a bit. But for an 8 pack, I was willing to sacrifice. Also don't misunderstand and think that I have anything against the hispanic population. Not at all. Ventura has a high percentage of Hispanics as well. But the majority of them, unlike Oxnard, don't also belong to a gang.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch and then headed to Goodwill to drop off some clothes and to see if I could find anything for myself. I found some books and a few little nic-nacs.

I actually found the pitcher this weekend at the new Goodwill bookstore, but I included it in the picture as well. I am going to use the clear glass as a candle holder, I think. The teacup may become my new earring holder. I'm not sure yet. I got it all for under $10 too! Yea!

Now, it's time for an at-home medi-pedi and to read until Jared gets home!


2 comments:

  1. great finds.....the goodwill bookstore sounds *like, awesome.* ;)

    I especially love the pitcher.

    I can't imagine my life without Chic-fil-a! ;(

    Eman is calling me...gotta go...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that just ain't right! crazy californians!

    ReplyDelete