Saturday, August 14, 2010

106

Time is flying by way too fast. I feel like I just posted, and it has been three weeks! I can't believe that summer is over for all of the kiddos and teachers. This past week, our roomies were on vacation, which in turn means that we were on vacation as well...sorta. Jared actually took a couple of days off, but my manager was off, so I had to work the whole time. I thoroughly enjoyed the time we had. Sunday we had a Battle Star Galactica marathon and made breakfast for dinner. Monday, Jared had to close, so I made sausage balls and took them to him at work. Tuesday, Jared went to the Ronald Reagan library with his friend and Tuesday night we bar-b-qued. It was nice to hang out and not have to have anyone else around.

While they were gone, I confirmed the fact that I will never EVER own a dog. At least not a dog that requires more attention than being fed every once in a while like my Mom's dog. I cannot stand how we had to watch after their dog and it was like having a small child. "Did you feed the dog? When is the last time she went out? We need to get home, she's been chained up for too long." It's an ANIMAL...not a person. And then, when Jared was at work, she chose to whine and claw at the door because she hadn't gotten enough attention. People enjoy this being part of their life? No thank you. I also get a shocked reaction at work when I ask people to get their dogs off of my counter. I simply tell them that I am allergic, but I don't like them. I am not nearly as scared of them as I use to be, since they go everywhere with their owners in California, but I still do not like them. We are a dog friendly bank but do you really think you should bring your pit bull into the branch? Or your huskie? Or whatever other dog that you may own that looks like it could swallow a small child with one gulp? I don't think so. Okay, I'm through with my tangent. I don't like dogs, you get the point. No, I don't care if it offends you.

With other news, the Dave Matthews concert is next SATURDAY!

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked at the last sentence of the second paragraph......."i don't care if it offends you." sooooo unlike you.
    I am sure you really don't care but Scarlett has finally gotten old enough, or maybe just jaded enough, that she no longer jumps on anyone when they come outside....heck, she sometimes doesn't even bother to come sniff people when they come outside! we have some very annoying dogs in our neighborhood though that i would love to take for a long ride to nowhere and loose them.

    I am excited about the concert....you will have fun. their is just something about the AIR, the ELECTRICITY that pumps you up at a concert, it is a fun time.

    Love you. Have a great week, baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my comment it was typed to say "sarcasm intended" after unlike you, but i put it in < > so it omitted it.....hmmm. didn't know it did that. interesting.

    ReplyDelete