Sunday, April 4, 2010

92

I went to Easter service this morning with my friend Alyssa from work. It was a nice service. She goes to Faith Community Church in Fillmore. I had never been before, so I didn't know for sure what to expect, but it was nice. Jared had to work this morning and doesn't get off until late this afternoon, so I went without him. Thankfully, the pastor didn't tell too many cheesy stories. He stuck to the scripture and reminded everyone that it is Resurrection Sunday (nice to hear, being from FBCLC). Also, when he walked to the front, he said "He is risen!" and people immediately responded with "He is risen indeed!" Good signs. We had Lord's Supper too. I enjoyed it and will most likely go again with her. There were probably about 150-200 people and they had had two services earlier in the day, so I think that it is a good size congregation. Now, I am just playing on the computer and waiting for Jared to get off work at 3:30. We are having Easter dinner tonight, but I'm not sure what we are having other than ham, I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good choice for church. we missed you. lunch was good. it was nice to see that i can still cook!! we had no sunshine, i really wish the sun had came out...oh well, maybe next year!! hope your dinner is yummy......love you.

    ReplyDelete