Since it is 4th of July, I think we should remember what the day is really celebrating. We live in a country where we are free. We are able to do what we please and not have to worry about our country ruling our actions, our thoughts, our money....any of that. Part of that is because of our forefathers. Men (and I'm sure women who were supporting them as well) who stood up for what they believed in. Part of our freedom is due to men and women who have continued to fight and protect our country through the armed forces. Thank you for fighting for all of us. I thank God that I live in this great country where I don't have to be afraid to say "I thank God," where I am free. Happy 4th of July! God bless America!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
103
It's July 4th weekend! I am excited. It's not your typical bank holiday. Usually, I get one day off for July 4th and am not able to really enjoy it. Thankfully, this year it fell on Sunday. That means not only the weekend off, but Monday as well! I was the fortunate teller at work that didn't have to work today either! This morning, I went to the Ojai parade downtown. It is 2 hours of horses, old cars, horses, a few floats, fire trucks, horses, and oh, horses. And they smell lovely too. I went with M and S, since Jared was at work. Thankfully, this year it is a lot cooler than last year. I remember being miserable last year. It is...well, the thermometer says 65, but it feels more like 75 or so. Beautiful, sunny, a slight breeze...perfect California weather. Now, I am hanging out waiting for Jared to get off at 3. He has to work tomorrow too, but that's okay. I am not complaining since they get paid holiday pay. He opens any way, so I will be asleep most of the time :) I think we are cooking out both tonight and tomorrow. Yummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Thank God, too. I have been reading Jessica Clifton's post (thru her mom) about the work she is doing in Haiti...oh my. it is crazy. we have so very much to give thanks for. even the little things in our day that we just take for granted have had blood spilled (spilt?) to insure our freedom to do them. I complain about government issues, but nobody does it better!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless the Land that I Love!